State 4-H Communication Arts Event
The 4-H Communication Arts program:
- help participants develop communication skills that are useful throughout a lifetime;
- provide participants an opportunity to practice their skills before a group;
- provide participants an opportunity to gather and organize information, equipment and props for public presentation;
- develop participants' confidence in making public presentations; and
- evaluate and enhance communication skills.
The Communication Arts program is open to any youth involved in Extension youth programs. It includes two age divisions: the preteen division (youth 8 to 12 years-old before Sept. 1) and the teen division (youth ages 13 to 18 before Sept. 1), the start of the current 4-H year.
Levels of Involvement
Club: All 4-H members are encouraged to give a public presentation at the club level.
County: Any youth can participate in the county or multi-county 4-H Communication Arts event.
District: Ten district events are held. Each district consists of the group of counties in the multi-county program units (MPUs).
State: The State event will be held during the State Fair in July for the winning Teen and Pre-teen participants of each category in the District events.
Additional information on the 4-H Communication Arts program is available through your local extension office.
- Demonstration (BAA506)
- Public Speaking (BAA507)
- Broadcasting (BAA512)
- Commercial (BBC513)
- Short Take (BAA514)
- Illustrated Talk (BAA503)
- Presentation Software (BBC504)
- Web Site Design (BCC505)
- 4-H Promotion (BCC508)
- Video Production (BCD509)
- Dramatic Presentation (BBC510)
- Interpretive Reading (BBC511)