State 4-H Land Judging Contest
The State 4-H and FFA Land Evaluation Contest is open to all youth 8-18 years old. It is important for contestants to be competent in three skills; texturing, estimating slope, and determining the depth of surface and subsurface horizons.
The four age divisions are:
- Junior 4-H Division - must be enrolled in 4-H in the county you represent and be age 8-13 on September 1st (13 year olds may judge in either 4-H division).
- Senior 4-H Division - must be enrolled in 4-H in the county you represent and be age 13-18 on September 1st (13 year-olds may judge in either 4-H division).
- FFA Division.
- Open division for youth 8-18 and not eligible for one of the other divisions.
4-H team scores will be determined from the top three individual scores from a county team. There is no limit as to number of participants a county may enter. Up to 3 counties may join to make a team provided that none of the counties involved have 3 or more members in that age division.
Members of past winning 4-H teams (senior division) or members of teams that have participated in a national 4-H land judging contest are not eligible.
Contact your local extension office to register.
Land Judging Resources
State 4-H Land/Homesite Contest:
- Information & Instruction
- State Contest Registration Forms (Local extension agent signature required before registration will be accepted):