Dr. Xinhua Jia
Ph.D. Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, University of Arizona
M.S. Agricultural Engineering, University of Arizona
B.S. Agronomy, Xinjiang Agricultural University
Registered Professional Engineer
Xinhua Jia, P.E., Associate Professor
Morrill Hall Room 204
Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
North Dakota State University
NDSU Dept. 7620
PO Box 6050
Fargo ND 58108-6050
Phone: 701-231-6453; Fax: 701-231-1008
- Teaching (25%)
- Research (75%)
- Irrigation and drainage
- Water Quality
- PI, Feasibility of the use of tile drainage for subsurface irrigation in the Red River Valley and its impact on soil chemical and physical properties. ND State Water Commission.
- PI, Tile drainage and subirrigation evaluations in Richland County for effects on soil and water quality. USDA NRCS.
- PI, Impact of subsurface drainage on water availability in the Red River Basin. USDA CSREES.
- Co-PI, Red River Valley tile drainage water quality assessment – phase II. USDA EPA 319.
- PI, Impact of agricultural practices on snow hydrology. NDSU Development Foundation
- Co-PI, Combining scintillometry and eddy covariance to evaluate and validate remotely sensed evapotranspiration rate at various spatial scales. ND NASA EPSCoR.
- PI, Effect of optimal water management for sustainable and profitable crop production and improvement of water quality in Red River Valley. USDA NCR SARE.
- PI, Subirrigation with high sodium adsorption ratio groundwater and its effect on soil and water quality. ND State Water Commission
- PI, Plastic mulch effects on corn yields, ND Corn Council
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE).
- Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- American Geophysical Union (AGU).
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).
- North Central Extension Research Activity (NCERA-217): Drainage design and management practices to improve water quality.
- Agricultural Drainage Management Systems Task Force (ADMS).
- ASM/NRM/SOIL 264 (2 sections) - Natural Resources Management Systems
- ABEN 484/684 - Drainage and Wetland Engineering
Professional Activities - Reviewer
- Transactions of the ASABE
- Journal of Irrigation and Drainage
- Journal of Hydrology
- Water Resources Research
- Journal of Hydrologic Engineering
- Air, Water & Environment
- Applied Engineering in Agriculture
- Irrigation Science
- Journal of Agronomy
- Hydrological Processes
- Journal of Geophysical Research