NDSU's Accreditation History
North Dakota Agricultural College (NDAC) was first accredited in 1915 by the North Central Association (NCA) as an institution that awarded four-year and master's degrees. After a time when the (then) Board of Administrators became overly involved in the institution's activities, accreditation was withheld from April 7, 1938 until March, 1939. Five doctoral programs were initiated in 1959 and in 1960 NDAC became North Dakota State University. The NCA extended NDSU's accreditation in 1966 to include these doctoral programs. After our February 1996 comprehensive visit, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association reaccredited NDSU for another ten years on July 12, 2006.
University Archives, 701-231-8914
Published by the University Archives, NDSU