Statement of Procedures* for Assessment
- The unit is accountable for the technical aspects (such as validity and reliability) of the assessment instruments used. The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis and the University Assessment Committee (UAC) are available for technical assistance.
- Each unit will prepare an annual report of assessment activities to be submitted to the University Assessment Committee with a self-selected deadline of May 15, July 1, October 1, or January 31.
- Assistance to faculty or units will be provided by the UAC, the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis, and the Teaching Support Center for assessment-related activities.
- The University Assessment Committee will prepare an annual report of assessment activities.
- Assessment instruments will be reviewed for curricular validity by unit faculty in the case of major's assessment, by the general education committee for general education outcomes, and by representatives of the University faculty for institution-wide procedures. Measures of alumni or student satisfaction will be reviewed by the University Assessment Committee or its designee, such as student services.
- Locally developed assessment instruments will be reviewed by unit faculty, the University Assessment Committee, or the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis for the match between the table of specifications and the outcomes desired.
- Assessment methods that require professional judgment in the evaluation of student responses, such as portfolio analysis, senior projects or papers, or performance analysis, will include clearly developed criteria to be used by the judges, selection procedures for the judges, and number of judges to be used.
*Procedures are defined as ways of doing things.
Approved by University Assessment Committee