Amelia Estepa Asperin
- Title: Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Office: E. Morrow Lebedeff Hall 361C
- Phone: 701-231-5720
- E-mail: Amelia.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. — Kansas State University, Foodservice and Hospitality Management; Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- M.S. — Kansas State University, Foodservice, Hospitality Management and Dietetics Administration
- B.S. — University of the Philippines - Diliman, Hotel and Restaurant Administration
- Food Neophobia
- Brand Personality
- Consumer Post-Purchase Behavior
- Foodservice Management
- Marketing for School Nutrition Program
- ADHM 140 Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- ADHM 384 Beverage Operations
- ADHM 402 Professional Catering Management
- ADHM 403 Restaurant Operations Management
- ADHM 411 Food and World Cultures
- ADHM 479 Hospitality Industry Management Strategies
- ADHM 489 Study Tours
- Assistant Professor in Hospitality and Tourism Management, North Dakota State University, 2009 - present
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Hospitality Management and Dietetics, Kansas State University, 2006-2007
- Instructor, Hotel and Restaurant Management, University of Baguio (Philippines), 1999-2000
- Research Scientist, National Food Service Management Institute (NFSMI) at The University of Southern Mississippi, 2007-2009
- Graduate Research Assistant, Office of the Graduate Dean, Kansas State University, 2004-2006
- Phillips, W.J., Asperin, A.E., & Wolfe, K. (in press). Investigating the effect of Country Image and Subjective Knowledge on Attitudes and Behaviors: U.S. Upper Midwesterners' Intentions to Consume Korean Food and Visit Korea. International Journal of Hospitality Management.
- Rushing, K., Asperin, A.E. (2012). Building the foodservice brand personality within the school nutrition setting. Journal of Child Nutrition & Management, 36(1), from http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=17258
- Asperin, A., Phillips, W.J., Wolfe, K. (2011). Exploring food neophobia and perceptions of ethnic foods: The case of Chinese and Thai cuisines. International CHRIE 65th Annual Conference. E Christou (Ed.). Richmond, VA. ICHRIE.
- Asperin, A.E., Castillo, A. (2010). Developing a best practice guide for increasing high school student participation and satisfaction in the National School Lunch Program. Journal of Child Nutrition & Management, 34(2), from http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=14759
- Asperin, A.E., Nettles, M.F., Carr, D.H. (2010). The Non-Participation Survey: Understanding why high school students choose not to eat school lunch. Journal of Child Nutrition & Management, 34(1), from http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=14022
- Asperin, A.E., & Lee, J. (Accepted for November 2012). Exploring student and alumni purchase behavior of university-licensed merchandise [Abstract]. International Textile and Apparel Association, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, November 14-17, 2012.
- Lee, J., & Asperin, A.E. (Accepted for November 2012). Innovative branding: The university tartan [Abstract]. International Textile and Apparel Association, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, November 14-17, 2012.
- Stastny, S.N., Asperin, A.E., & Ragan, A.M. (Accepted for October, 2012). Changing an academic classroom into a campus restaurant [Abstract]. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 6-9, 2012.
- Wolfe, K., Asperin, A.E., & Phillips, W.J. (2012). Validating the use of a social networking site as a data collection method in hospitality and tourism research [Abstract]. International CHRIE 66th Annual Conference, Providence, Rhode Island, August 1-4, 2012.
- Phillips, W.J., Wolfe, K., Asperin, A., (2012). Effects of food neophobia and attitude toward consuming unfamiliar cuisine. 18th Asia Pacific Tourism Association (APTA) International Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, June 26-29, 2012.
Exceptional Contributions as an Emerging Teacher, College of Human Development and Education, North Dakota State University, AY 2011-2012
Professional Memberships & Associations
- International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education (ICHRIE), Member
- National Restaurant Association, Member
- Foodservice Systems Management Education Council (FSMEC), West-Midwest Regional Director
- Editorial Board, The Foodservice Management and Education Council Journal
- International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (IJCHM), Peer Reviewer
- Journal of Child Nutrition and Management (JCN&M), Peer Reviewer
Amelia Asperin has worked in hospitality operations in both commercial and non-commercial settings that include the Marriott, Housing and Dining Services at Kansas State University, and a local café in the Philippines. Her professional experiences focus largely on foodservice operations.
- Title: Associate Professor
- Office: E. Morrow Lebedeff Hall 361B
- Phone: 701-231-7358
- E-mail: Woomi.Jo@ndsu.edu
- Ph.D. — Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- M.S. — University of Houston, Houston, TX
- B.S. — Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- Introduction to Hospitality
- Tourism Management
- Casino Operation Management
- Convention and Meeting Planning
- Lodging Operation
- Gaming Behavior
- Destination Marketing
- Destination Image
- Senior Leisure Activities
- Rural Tourism
- Globalizations of international cuisines
- Consumer price sensitivity
- Title: Assistant Professor
- Office: E. Morrow Lebedeff Hall 178B
- Phone: 701-231-7355
- E-mail: Kwangsoo.Park@ndsu.edu
- Ph.D. in Business Administration, Temple University, 2013
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management, Florida International University, 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management, Sejong University, 2003
- ADHM 241 Hospitality Accounting
- ADHM 381 Hospitality Marketing and Sales (Face to Face & Online)
- ADHM 401 Convention and Event Planning
- ADHM 403 Resort Development and Management
- Assistant Professor, North Dakota State University, 2012 - current
- Instructor, Black Hills State University, 2010 – 2012
- Teaching Assistant/Instructor, Temple University, 2009-2010
- Impact of Special Events and Festivals
- Consumer Behavior attending Special Events
- The Impact of Smoke-free Policies on Hospitality Industry
- Gambling Behavior
- Travel Risk Perception
Selected Publications, Recent Research and Presentations
- Event Management -
- Park, S. & Park, K. (2014). A thematic analysis of event management research: Visiting the importance of reporting intercoder reliability indices. Korea America Hospitality and Tourism Educators Association Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV, April 25-26, 2014.
- Park, K. (2013). An analysis of research topics in event management research. 44th Travel and Tourism Research Association Annual Conference, Kansas City, Missouri, June 20-22, 2013.
- Jeon, H., Park, K., & Ok. C. (2013). Host residents’ perceptions and attitudes toward an event. 44th Travel and Tourism Research Association Annual Conference, Kansas City, Missouri, June 20-22, 2013.
- Park, K., Reisinger, Y., & Park, C. (2009). Visitors’ motivation for attending theme parks in Orlando, Florida, USA. Event Management, 13(2), 83-101.
- Park, K., Reisinger, Y., & Kang, H. (2008). Visitors' motivation for attending the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, Miami Beach, Florida. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 25(2), 161-181.
- Three manuscripts are currently under review in peer-reviewed journals but not listed here.
- Impact of Smoking Bans on Casino Gaming Revenues -
- Park, K. & Hill, B. (2014). The impact of smoke-free policies on casino gaming revenues. Korea America Hospitality and Tourism Educators Association Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV, April 25-26, 2014. [Best paper awarded]
- Travel Risks and other consumer behavior-
- He, L., Park, K., & Roehl, W. S. (2013). Religion and perceived travel risks. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 30(8), 839-857.
- Park, K. & Reisinger, Y. (2010). Differences in the perceived influence of natural disasters and travel risk perception on international travel. Tourism Geographies, 12(1), 1-24.
- Park, K. & Reisinger, Y. (2008). The influence of natural disasters on travel risk perception. Tourism Analysis, 13(5/6), 615-628.
- Two manuscripts are currently under review in peer-reviewed journals but not listed here.
- Best Paper Award (1st Place), Korea America Hospitality and Tourism Educators Association Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV. 2014
- The Harry A. Cochran Research Center Award for Excellence in Research by a Doctoral Student, Fox School of Business & Management, Temple University. 2010
- Excellence in Teaching by a Doctoral Student in the Business Administration Program, Fox School of Business & Management, Temple University. 2010
- The Harry A. Cochran Research Center Award for Excellence in Research by a Doctoral Student, Fox School of Business & Management, Temple University. 2009
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA), Member
- Korea America Hospitality and Tourism Educators Association (KAHTEA), Member
Kwangsoo Park has extensive first-hand professional experience in the convention, event, and lodging field. He successfully completed a Master's Internship and Curricular Practical Training in the banquet department at Sheraton Bal Harbour Beach Resort in Miami, Florida. He has worked as a sales manager in an extended stay hotel. He also has worked in an event company and supervised merchandise test events for Gillette.
- Title: Assistant Professor
- Office: E. Morrow Lebedeff Hall 360C
- Phone: 701-231-8224
- E-mail: Jeongdoo.Park@ndsu.edu