Information about Appealing a Deny Decision-Transfer Applicants
Please read the following carefully. The Admission Appeals Committee will review an appeal once all required information has been received by the Office of Admission.
Appealing a deny decision
Students may appeal their deny decision if there is compelling new academic information and/or extenuating personal circumstances that were not previously included in their application. Each appeal is reviewed individually by the Admission Appeals Committee and decisions are based on a careful assessment of the student’s total academic record and appeal.
Please submit the following items:
- A completed Transfer Appeal Form
- A Letter of Explanation that explains why you feel you could be successful at NDSU, although your previous academic record does not meet admission requirements. Some suggested topics to cover in the Letter of Explanation are:
- Why are you interested in attending NDSU?
- Explain any extenuating circumstances that you feel warrant additional consideration.
- Describe, using supporting evidence, how you are academically prepared to be successful at NDSU.
- What additional information should the Admission Appeals Committee know when considering your appeal
All required appeal materials should be submitted as early as possible to ensure a timely decision. The Admission Appeals Committee will review your appeal within two weeks of receiving all requested information and students will be notified of their appeal outcome as soon as possible.
Please return all items to:
Office of Admission
NDSU Dept. 5230, PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
NOTE: Students who have been academically suspended from another institution will not be considered for admission to NDSU until the suspension has been lifted by that institution or until one year has elapsed. Appeals received from students who are currently on suspension or have been suspended within the past year will NOT be reviewed by the Admission Appeals Committee.