Contact Chris Boerboom
NDSU Extension Service
The NDSU Extension Service creates learning partnerships that help adults and youth enhance their lives and their communities. This purpose is accomplished through the dissemination of information and by implementing educational programs geared to the changing needs of North Dakotans.
Faculty and staff on campus work within academic departments of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources and the College of Human Development and Education. Their appointments in these departments make them partners in NDSU's academic programs and research. County and area staff across the state complete the link between those NDSU programs and North Dakota citizens.
The NDSU Extension Service focuses its work around eight program areas:
- Cropping systems in the 21st century
- Community, economic development and leadership
- 4-H youth development
- Competitiveness and profitability of animal systems
- Farm and family economics
- Human development
- Nutrition, food safety and health
- Natural resources and environmental management
The NDSU Extension Service provides user-friendly information that reflects research efforts in North Dakota and across the country.