2012 McKenzie Award Finalists with McKenzie Family.
2012 Colliton Award Finalists with faculty and ASLA members.
Through the generosity of alumni, friends, and professional organizations, the Department of Architecture and Landscape Architecture is able to award a number of scholarships and awards to its students:
- Toy Farmer – Fourth Year Scholarship - Awarded to a student enrolled in Landscape Architecture at NDSU, having junior standing going into the 4th year of the program and having indicated some promise through design ability and/or graphic, written, and oral design presentation.
- Toy Farmer - Fifth Year Scholarship - Awarded to a student enrolled in Landscape Architecture at NDSU, having senior standing going into the 5th year of the program and having contributed outstanding service to the department by donating time and energy.
- Earl Stewart Memorial Award – Awarded to a student or students enrolled in Landscape Architecture, with a preference given to students who have excelled in the area of Community and Urban Design.
- Knute A. Henning Memorial Scholarship - Awarded to a student who shows "most promise" in design in the fourth year as determined by the faculty.
- Hugh L. McMath Scholarship – Awarded to a student in the Architecture Program
- Patrick Edward Germ Memorial Scholarship – Awarded to a student in the Architecture program, making satisfactory progress toward completion of degree and entering into the third year of the program.
- Albert Levering Prize – Awarded to 3rd or 4th year students, and intended to encourage the designer’s desire to draw by hand.
- EAPC Scholarship - Entering into the fourth year of the program and having obtained a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Byron L. Bernston Memorial Scholarship – Awarded to a student who has a minimum grade point average of 3.6. Criteria include the student's contribution to the spirit, life, prestige, and academic excellence of the NDSU community.
- JLG Scholarship – Awarded to a student in the Architecture program who has successfully completed the 4th year, graduated from a Minnesota or North Dakota high school, has a minimum grade point average of 3.0, and demonstrated outstanding community or organizational leadership.
- DLR Group Vision Award – Awarded to a 4th year Architecture studio member, through a juried competition
- AIA North Dakota Scholarship - Award to defray the amount of tuition and fees for the next academic year of study. Based on need, professional promise, and academic ability, and a mimimum of two years’ membership in AIAS.
- Peter F. McKenzie Memorial Thesis Award - Given annually to the best Architecture thesis.
- Dennis Colliton Memorial Thesis Award - Given annually to the best Landscape Architecture thesis.
- Alpha Rho Chi Medal - Awarded to graduating Architecture student for leadership and professionalism
- Brian Minnich Studio Mentor Award – Awarded to the 5th year student who is most instrumental in setting aside competition in order to help fellow students in the studio.
- Henry Adams Medal and Certificate – Awarded to the 5th year Architecture graduate with the highest and next highest grade point average.