NDSU Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse Prevention Programs
NDSU is committed to creating a healthy, safe and positive community for its students.
Choices abound in college - food, classes, majors, relationships and alcohol. The majority of NDSU students make wise choices about alcohol. However, those who don't can find alcohol to be a major obstacle to their personal and academic success. Our alcohol and drug prevention programs strive to educate students and parents about the risks associated with alcohol use, communicate clear messages about the consequences of underage drinking and provide lots of on-campus, late-night activities.
First-Year Students: eCHECKUP TO GO Requirement
All first-year students at NDSU are required to complete eCHECKUP TO GO within the first six weeks of their first semester. This important requirement takes less than 20 minutes to complete, your results are entirely anonymous, and it will provide personalized feedback and accurate information about alcohol use.
In order to fulfill this requirement, please follow ALL of the steps listed below:
- Go to http://interwork.sdsu.edu/echeckup/usa/alc/coll/NDSU
- Select "I HAVE NOT completed the eCHECKUP TO GO previously"
- Write down the provided User Identification Number (UID) and select "Begin"
- Complete all sections of eCHECKUP TO GO and select "Submit" at the end
- Read through ALL feedback and recommendation sections (there will be 10 sections)
- Select "Verify completion of your eCHECKUP TO GO" (right side of the final page)
- Select "YES, I want to verify that I completed this program by providing my personal information." (NOTE: your results will NOT be shared through this process. The verification step only provides confirmation that you completed the session, it does not link your name to your results.)
- Enter your Full name, NDSU email address, and NDSU Student ID Number (7 digit number)
- Select "Erika Beseler Thompson" under "Send my verification to:"
- Indicate your consent on the next page and click "Submit"
- Print the verification of completion page or keep your User Identification Number for future reference should questions come up.
Questions? Please contact the Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention Coordinator at NDSU.Prevention@ndsu.edu