Alcohol and Other Drug Resources: NDSU & Fargo-Moorhead
Where can you go to get help?
- NDSU Counseling Center - Individual and group counseling related to concerns of the use of a substance and other issues of impulse control is available for NDSU students. Whether the concern is for self or a loved one, NDSU students can meet with a counselor who specializes in both mental health and addictions. Additionally, BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening and Assessment for College Students) is provided. There is no fee these services, and NDSU students may make an appointment by calling (701) 231-7671. Referral services are available for students in need of more intensive care. Ceres Hall 212, (701) 231-7671, www.ndsu.edu/counseling
- Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Annonymous
AA and NA meetings are held at a variety of times and locations throughout the Fargo-Moorhead area. To find out more information visit the FirstLink Local Support Group Listings or call the Alcoholics Anonymous Club House (1112 3rd Ave. S.) in Fargo at (701) 232-9930, www.aanorthdakota.org/
- Drake Counseling Services- Substance abuse services, counseling and assessment, mental health and depression counseling, covered by some insurance. 1202 23rd St. S., Fargo, ND 58103; (701) 293-5429.
- Firstlink Hotline- 24-hour hotline providing listening and support, information and referral and crisis intervention; staffed by volunteers (701) 235-SEEK(7335).
- First Step Recovery, PLLP- 1 No. 2nd St., Suite 314, Fargo, ND 58102. (701) 293-3384. Blue Cross/Blue Shield Preferred Provider.
- Human Services Associates- Substance abuse evaluations and treatment, DUI evaluations and one-to-one counseling. 111 7th St. S. Moorhead, MN 56560; (218) 291-1658. Contact: Margaret Volk.
- Lost and Found Ministry- Information and intervention services relating to dependency issues. 111 7th St. S., Moorhead, MN 56560; (218) 287-2089. Contact: Richard Luedtke-Director or Bill Iverson-Intervention Coordinator.
- Share House - Provides chemical dependency treatment services to adult men and women since 1975. ShareHouse offers intensive primary treatment (Spirit Program) and outpatient levels of care for individuals afflicted with the disease of alcohol/drug addictions. 4227 9th Ave. SW, Fargo, ND 58103, Phone (701) 282-6561.
- Lutheran Social Services/MN- Individual, group, marriage, and family counseling based on a sliding fee scale. 715 11th St. N., Ste. 401, Moorhead, MN 56560; (218) 236-1494. Contact: Linda Haymond.
- NDSU Campus Police- (701) 231-8998
- Sanford Hospital Emergency Room- 720 4th St. N., (701) 234-5121