Fraud Awareness Training
It is each employee's responsibility and a basic condition of employment to safeguard and preserve the assets and resources of the state, the university system and its institutions. SBHE Policy 611.10 further defines the expectations under Employee Responsibility and Activities: Theft, Fraud, Waste and Abuse.
To bring awareness and minimize the risk of fraud, each benefited employee is required to participate in annual fraud awareness training. For fiscal year 2013, this training is in the form of an online video administered via Moodle which must be viewed by June 30, 2013. A link to the video and instructions follows. Be certain to complete all steps including the "Code of Conduct Verification Quiz" as the final item to ensure your training is properly documented for audit purposes.
Training Video and Instructions:
To reach the video go to https://community.ndus.edu
- Login using your NDUS credentials (same as PeopleSoft/ConnectND which you use to access your online paycheck, etc.). You may login with your username and password either in the main body of the page or in the upper right hand corner. (Do NOT login as a Guest)
- The course for Theft and Fraud Plus Code of Conduct Training and Verification for 2013 should now appear.
- There are four simple steps to the training and the page will guide you through the process.
- Watch the video.
- Review the NDUS policies.
- Review NDSU's specific policies.
- Take the short quiz which will serve as your signature showing you understand and agree to compliance with the policies.
- Click “Submit and Finish” to complete. If you do not click “Submit” you will not be recorded as having completed the training.
View the Video Outside of Training Module
Although the formal training and reporting of compliance results is required only of benefited employees, we strongly encourage all employees to understand the NDUS and NDSU policies as well as our expectations for working as good stewards here at NDSU. For that reason, we are providing a link to the video that may be viewed by all others outside the course delivery process. (Benefited employees be certain you are using the above link to view the video and complete all parts of the compliance requirements.)
Other Training Resources: