Application Process Checklist
Below you will find a checklist of items to help your successfully complete the financial aid application process at North Dakota State University.
- To be considered for federal financial aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need to enter the North Dakota State University school code, which is 002997, so your information will be sent to NDSU. The priority funding deadline date for 2014-2015 is April 15, 2014.
- The federal processor determines your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) based on the information you provide on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Expected Family Contribution is a measure of your family's financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by law. Your families taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits are all considered in the formula. Also considered are your family size and the number of family members who will attend college during the year.
Note: Your Expected Family Contribution is NOT the amount of money your family will have to pay for college NOR is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive. It is a number used by your school to calculate the amount of federal student aid you are eligible to receive.
- You will receive an email with your Student Aid Report from the federal processor regarding the status of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The federal processor will electronically transmit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information to NDSU as long as you have listed the NDSU school code of 002997 on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Review your Student Aid Report for accuracy. If correct, no action is required. If incorrect, your information can be viewed and updated on online.
- For incoming freshmen a Financial Aid Award Notice will be mailed in early May. For all other students, an award notice notification will be e-mailed to their NDSU e-mail account by mid-June.
- Go online to Campus Connection to accept/decline/change your award. For instructions on how to accept/decline/change your award click here.
- If you are selected for verification, additional information will be requested by mail. It is imperative that you maintain your current address on your Campus Connection. For more information on verification click here.
- Continue to check your NDSU e-mail for important information or possible changes to your financial aid.