Important Financial Aid Quick Checks
- Read the Award Notice with any enclosed materials sent to you and accept your award on Campus Connection
- If you wish to borrow money for summer school, you may want to reduce the amount of your academic year loan to reserve some for summer.
- Inform Student Financial Services if you will receive any resources not already listed on your award notice (i.e., tuition waiver, scholarship, etc.).
- Be prepared to submit Tax Return Transcripts obtained from the IRS and W-2 forms to Student Financial Services; they may be requested if you are selected for Verification.
- If you wish to apply for an Alternative Loan such as the SELF, DEAL, PLUS, Collegiate, Bremer Education, Citiassist or GOAL loan, go to Alternative Loans for information on application processes.
- If you are borrowing your first Direct Loan, you will need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note. You may complete this requirement on-line
- If you accept a Direct Loan on your Award Notice, and have not already completed a Master Promissory Note, your guarantor will be contacting you regarding the completion of this form.
- Remember that disbursement of aid is two to three weeks after classes begin. Bring enough money to school to cover your first month's expenses.