Financial Aid Application Process
Below you will find the financial aid application process at North Dakota State University.
Apply for Federal Financial Aid - Complete the FAFSA
- To be considered for federal financial aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need to enter the North Dakota State University school code, which is 002997, so your information will be sent to NDSU. The priority funding deadline date for 2015-2016 is April 15, 2015. For help in filling out the FAFSA click here for videos and other help information.
- The federal processor determines your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) based on the information you provide on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Expected Family Contribution is a measure of your family's financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by law. Your families taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits are all considered in the formula. Also considered are your family size and the number of family members who will attend college during the year.
Note: Your Expected Family Contribution is NOT the amount of money your family will have to pay for college NOR is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive. It is a number used by your school to calculate the amount of federal student aid you are eligible to receive.
Review Your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- You will receive an email with your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor regarding the status of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The federal processor will electronically transmit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information to NDSU as long as you have listed the NDSU school code of 002997 on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Review your Student Aid Report for accuracy. If correct, no action is required. If incorrect, your information can be viewed and updated on online.
Receive Your Financial Aid Award from NDSU
- For incoming freshmen, a Financial Aid Award Notice will be emailed and available on your Campus Connection account in early May. For returning students, an award notice notification will be emailed to your NDSU e-mail account by mid-June.
- Go online to Campus Connection to accept/decline/change your award. For instructions on how to accept/decline/change your award click here.
- If you are selected for verification, additional information will be requested by email to your NDSU email account. You will also see the items requested on your To-Do List in Campus Connection. It is imperative that regularly check your NDSU email and Campus Connection account. For more information on verification click here.
NDSU Dept. 5290
P.O. Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
866-924-8969 (toll free)
*If emailing or leaving a voice message please leave your
Student Name, ID# and Phone Number