Financial Aid Process
Complete the following financial aid steps by August 1st each year (unless otherwise noted) to ensure financial aid disburses to your account on time (approximately the 12th calendar day of the term).
- Complete and submit the FAFSA online by the priority date of April 15 each year to ensure you are considered for all types of aid. NDSU's School Code is 002997.
- If you are selected for Verification, comply with all requests made by Student Financial Services as soon as possible. Check your "To Do List" under Student Center on Campus Connection to see what is required for submission. Not complying with these requests will delay your disbursement.
- When you receive your Award Notice, accept, reduce or decline the aid you are offered on Campus Connection. Click on Student Center > Accept/Decline Awards and choose the appropriate aid year.
- Report all scholarships and/or waivers that do not appear on your award notice to Student Financial Services by clicking the "Contact FA" link on the award page (Accept/Decline Awards).
- Complete the required Entrance Loan Counseling online. This online counseling needs to be completed once prior to receiving each of the following types of loans.
- Master Promissory Notes (MPN) also need to be completed for each type of loan you borrow. MPNs are valid for 10 years and therefore should only need to be completed once. Lenders will provide you with an MPN. For more information about the MPN and the following loans, contact:
- If you need additional funding, private student loans (alternative loans) may be available by applying directly with the lender online. Complete all requirements with the lender including certification forms and master promissory notes.