How to Complete Your Internship
1) If your internship is a paid position you will sign up for MIS 397 credits. To sign up for MIS 397 credits you need to go to the Cooperative Education Office in Ceres 306 or contact Internship Coordinator, Ms. Jody Jahner (email@example.com).
The Cooperative Education Office will have a packet of forms that will need to be filled out. At least one of these forms will need to be signed by your advisor.
2) A minimum of 300 hours of work are required to meet the MIS practicum requirement in a paid position.
3) You are required to submit a written report (see below) on your intern experience to your advisor. It is recommended that you keep a journal or log of your intern experience to aid in writing this report.
4) After you have completed you intern experience you will need:
· Go to the Cooperative Education Office and complete the post experience forms that were given when you signed up for the intern credits.
· Insure that your employer turns in a performance evaluation.
· Submit your intern report to your advisor.
5) IMPORTANT: If you have financial aid or will graduate at the end of the semester, you must turn in your report before the last day of the semester.
Internship report requirements
The internship paper should be 5 to 10 pages in length, double spaced. It is a summary of your experience. Generally the paper should include the following:
· A description of the company or department that you worked for;
· If a department, a description of how the department fits into the larger company;
· A narrative description of the tasks and activities that you performed;
· A summary of what you learned;
· A statement of what you applied from the coursework to the internship and how well prepared you were for this experience (i.e. does the MIS program provide you with what you need to know);
· Your assessment of the quality of the intern experience (i.e. would you recommend this experience for another MIS student);
· Contact information (address and phone number) of your supervisor.
Who's hiring MIS students
For an up-to-date list of current job postings for MIS, check out the MIS CAREERlink Job Board Widget.
Employees who hired MIS students for Co-op 2010-2012
Ability Building Center
Auto-Owners Insurance Company
Cloverdale Foods Company
Cooperstown Medical Center
CoreLink Administrative Solutions
Coteau Properties Company
Essentia Health (FKA Innovis Health)
ND Air National Guard
NDSU College of Business
NDSU Department of Plant Science
NDSU Information Technology Services
NDSU TRiO/Veterans Upward Bound
NISC (National Information Solutions Cooperative)
Northrop Grumman Corp.
NorthStar Technology Group, Inc.
Prairie Public Broadcasting
R.J. Ahmann Company
RTS (Restaurant Technology Services)
The Falkirk Mining Company
The Toro Company
Tuffy's Pet Foods
UPS - United Parcel Service
US Bank - MN
VA Medical Center (Fargo)
Posted most jobs from 2010/2012
C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
Eide Bailly Technology Consulting
LSS Data Systems
ND Information Technology Department
Companies Who Hires MIS graduates (Class of 2011/2012)
Border States Electric