Frequently Asked Questions from Employers
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Faculty Luncheon - 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. (meet and greet with faculty)
Career Fair - 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- What is the Agriculture Career Expo, and what students attend?
- When and how do I receive information about the Agriculture Career Expo?
- How do I register for the Agriculture Career Expo?
- What is the registration fee, and what does it include?
- How can I pay for the registration fee?
- What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- What are the advertising options?
- What Colleges and Majors does NDSU offer?
- Where do I ship displays and materials for the Agriculture Career Expo?
- What are the lodging options in Fargo?
- Where can I unload my vehicle for the Agriculture Career Expo?
- Who should I contact to set up interviews after the Agriculture Career Expo?
- Who can I contact for help?
What is the Agriculture Career Expo, and what students attend?
The Agriculture Career Expo is an annual event attended by undergraduate and graduate students in agriculture-related majors. NDSU alumni are welcome to attend as well. The Agriculture Career Expo provides an excellent opportunity to connect with students to discuss or interview for current and/or future career-related employment and co-op/internship opportunities. Last year, 70 employers and 475 students attended this event.
When and how do I receive information about the Agriculture Career Expo?
You will automatically receive registration information by email for the Agriculture Career Expo if you are registered with the NDSU Career Center and have recruited for ag-related majors. If you are not sure if you are registered, please contact Jamie Blazek at 701-231-7856 or email@example.com.
How do I register for the Agriculture Career Expo?
Registration for the Agriculture Career Expo will begin in early May.
Registration deadline is September 10, 2014.
If wanting to register after the deadline, call 701.231.7856 to see if space is available. Please note that the registration fee doubles after the deadline. No exceptions.
NOTE: This event is only for bona fide employers of college interns and grads. Anyone wanting to participate for the sole purpose of promoting anything but jobs may not attend.
***Third Party Recruiters may not attend this event.***
What is the registration fee, and what does it include?
$300 registration fee includes:
- 10x10 booth space and one eight-foot table (booth must be manned at all times)
- registration for up to two representatives ($10 for each additional rep)
- 2 chairs
- tablecloth (limited supply available - first come/first serve)
- electrical power
- wireless internet access
$500 registration fee if also attending Engineering & Tech Expo includes:
- all of the items listed above for each day
The registration fee must be paid by September 23, 2014 to ensure your spot at the expo.
How can I pay for the registration fee?
The registration fee may be paid by check or credit card and must be received by September 23, 2014 to reserve your booth, be included on the map, and to avoid a $50 late fee.
Checks should be made payable to NDSU Career Center and mailed to:
NDSU Career Center
Attn: Agriculture Career Expo
306 Ceres Hall
NDSU Dept 5280
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
MasterCard, VISA and Discover credit cards can be used to pay the registration fee.
Agriculture Career Expo Credit Card Payment Form
SPECIAL NOTE: If the registration fee has not been paid in full by the start of the event, the company representative checking-in will be required to fill out a Credit Card Authorization Form. This form states that the NDSU Career Center is authorized to charge the credit card for the registration fee if it is not paid in full within 7 days.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Agriculture Career Expo: Cancellation notification is appreciated so we may inform students. Refund of the registration fee (MINUS a $50 administrative fee) will be given for cancellations received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 10, 2014. There is no refund of the registration fee for cancellations after September 10, 2014.
What are the advertising options?
Electronic + Newspaper Ad ($200): Electronic ads will be displayed on the Fargodome's four jumbo display screens during the Agriculture Career Expo, the ad will be displayed on the Ag Career Expo webpage, and the logo will be included in the school newspaper with the event's ad.
- May include a logo and short statement. If interested, select this option during registration.
- The specs for the ad are as follows:
- A print quality jpg, gif, or eps graphic file
- Resolution should be 256 pixels x 250 pixels and 200 dpi
Newspaper Ad ($75): Logo will be included in the school newspaper with the Agriculture Career Expo ad.
Deadline for purchasing an ad is Tuesday, September 9, 2014.
What Colleges and Majors does NDSU offer?
There are eight colleges at North Dakota State University.
- View the NDSU Academic Programs List
Where do I ship displays and materials for the Agriculture Career Expo?
There will be a $25 fee (payable to The UPS Store) for delivery of display/materials to the Fargodome.
- Contact Jeff, The UPS Store at 701-235-9505 to arrange payment and receive shipping address. The Career Center will coordinate the delivery of items to the Fargodome.
- UNPAID SHIPMENTS WILL BE REFUSED by the UPS Store and not be delivered to the event.
- Displays may be shipped up to one week in advance of the event to the UPS Store.
NOTE: **Any items shipped to the NDSU Career Center and/or the Fargodome will be REFUSED**
What are the lodging options in Fargo?
Hotels near NDSU
1831 NDSU Research Park Drive
Ask for NDSU rate.
2021 16th St N
You can view a listing of hotel/motel options on the following website:
Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
Where can I unload my vehicle for the Agriculture Career Expo?
- Unloading and parking will take place at the NORTH end of the Fargodome
- You may drive your vehicle into the loading dock entrance and drive down on the Fargodome floor
- Students will be available to assist in the unloading/loading process
- Parking is FREE; no permit required
Who should I contact to set up interviews after the Agriculture Career Expo?
Interviews for the Agriculture Career Expo will be conducted on the upper level of the Fargodome on Wednesday, September 24.
To reserve interview table(s), contact Karen Jevning, Recruiting Coordinator, at 701.231.8464 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also indicate your interviewing preferences on the registration form.
Who can I contact for help?
If you need additional information or have a special request, please contact: