Attending a career fair is one of the more exciting ways to meet employers to introduce yourself, share your qualifications, and leave behind a resume. But before you go, you should prepare yourself. Here is a list of suggestions to better prepare yourself prior to attending a career fair:
- Identify which employers are attending the career fair.
- Research employers that you are interested in visiting.
- Plan what you are going to wear at least three days before the career fair. You don't want to have a wrinkled shirt or not have clean, matching socks. Check out Dress for Success.
- Print off extra resumes to share with recruiters and employers you may not be preparing to visit with.
- Practice your introduction and hand shake.
- Visit the Career Center to answer any lingering questions.