Enhance visibility on campus by scheduling:
- Determine the interview date(s)
- contact us at least 4 weeks prior to interview date(s) to allow for promotion to students
- To schedule on-campus interviews logon to NDSU CAREERlink. Click on Create On-Campus Recruiting Schedule (OCR) which includes the following:
- choose pre-select or open schedule(s)
- select interview type(s) for full-time, permanent or co-op/intern positions
- include all appropriate NDSU majors to ensure a wide variety of qualified applicants
- Include job description(s) for each schedule request
- A confirmation letter will be sent as soon as all details are finalized
- Monitor your interview schedule(s) throughout the process and adhere to timeline(s) for pre-selecting candidates
Interactive Videoconference Interviews are also available. These can minimize the expenses of travel and lodging and maximize your time.
Contact Karen Jevning, Recruiting Coordinator at 701-231-8464 or email@example.com for additional assistance.
Networking Sessions (Informational Meetings)
Networking Sessions are an informal introduction to your company that will allow recruiters to network with students and familiarize them with available positions. All sessions are held in the NDSU Memorial Union or NDSU Alumni Center and are scheduled by the Career Center.
A successful Networking Session includes the following:
- An enthusiastic 20-minute presentation with Q&A afterwards
- verbal, video, DVD or PowerPoint presentations
- Food and refreshments (always appreciated by students)
- pizza, sub sandwiches, cookies or sodas are some options
These sessions should be scheduled several weeks in advance in order to advertise to students and faculty. Employers are billed for the food and refreshments. Federal Tax I.D. number is required for billing.
Contact Karen Jevning, Recruiting Coordinator at 701-231-8464 or firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.
Participate in Career Fairs
The Career Center hosts several career fairs throughout the year.
Your company representatives may wish to arrange lunch on campus with faculty members in targeted majors. NDSU faculty welcome direct contact with employers in business, industry, government and education. Our office can help you schedule these luncheons to bring about a successful meeting. If you are interested in a particular academic program we can provide you with the proper contact information for individual meetings also.
Some faculty will allow employers to speak briefly in their classrooms regarding opportunities. Our office can provide you with contact information.
Hosting/Presenting at Student Organization Meetings
Contact the Student Activities Office at 701-231-7787 to find out what organizations may be of interest to your company. Or check out their website at: http://www.ndsu.edu/mu/about_mu/student_activities_office.