Cover Letter Essentials
A professional letter introducing another document; summarizes qualifications for employment and introduces a resume.
- FOCUS - Well-written professional document created for a specific company and addressed to a specific person/department/company
- BALANCE - Document must look good on a page
- 1 page
- Font size: 10-12 pt.
- Font styles: Calibri, New Times Roman, Arial
- ERROR-FREE - NO EXCEPTIONS
- ADDRESS POSITION REQUIREMENTS OR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - Identify skills, core attributes, experiences, etc. that show your value to the reader - what you can do for the employer
- STRONG CLOSING - Express an interest in participating in an interview to discuss your qualifications in greater detail
Cover Letter Guidelines & Examples
- Cover Letters - Guidelines, Tips & Examples