G. Padmanabhan, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE
Director, ND Water Resources Research Institute
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Office: CIE 201E
Telephone: (701) 231-7043
Fax: (701) 231-6185
- Non-Point Source Pollution Modeling
- Time Series Analysis and modeling of climatologic and hydrologic variables
- Floods and Droughts Analysis
- Surface and groundwater interaction
- Pollutant transport in groundwater
- Engineering pedagogy
Awards and Grants (recent)
- Co-PI of a grant of $4.8 million awarded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) for a five-year program to a collaboration of North Dakota State University and tribal colleges in the state (September 1, 2010 – August 31, 2015)
- “PEEC: 2+2+2+Infinity: Pipeline for Tribal Pre-Engineering to Society (PTiPS).” The collaboration, one of only four in the nation, is part of an NSF initiative “Pre-Engineering Education Collaboration” established to bring four-year engineering schools together with tribal colleges to develop methods to attract, prepare and support underrepresented American Indian students for a career in one of the engineering disciplines
- Ph.D. 1980, Civil Engineering, Purdue University, IN, USA.
- M.S. 1971, Hydraulic Engineering, Madras University, India.
- B.S. 1965, Civil Engineering, Madras University, India.
- Kasi, M., Wadhawan, T., Simsek, H., McEvoy, J., Padmanabhan, G., Sletten, D., and Khan, E. (2013) Enricher Reactor - Permeable Reactive Biobarrier Approach for Removing a Mixture of Contaminants with Substrate Interactions. Bioresource Technology, 146, pp. 336-344.
- Kasi, M., Wadhawan, T., McEvoy, J., Padmanabhan, G., and Khan, E. (2013) Effect of Carbon Source during Enrichment on BTEX Degradation by Anaerobic Mixed Bacterial Cultures. Biodegradation, 24:279–293.
- Kasi, M., Chi, Y. and Padmanabhan, G. (2013) Integrating Electrical Analogy and Computer Modeling of Groundwater Flow for Teaching Flownet Concepts. International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy, Volume 3, Issue 4, pp. 39-46.
- Leelaruban, N., Oduor, P. G., Akyuz, A., Sheik, S., Padmanabhan, G. (2012) Leveraging a Spatio-temporal Drought Severity and Coverage Index with Crop Yield Modelled as a Stochastic Process. Int. J. Hydrology Science and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 219-236.
- Kasi, M., McEvoy, J., Padmanabhan, G., Khan, E. (2011) Groundwater Remediation Using an Enricher Reactor-Permeable Reactive Biobarrier for Periodically Absent Contaminants. Water Environment Research, Volume 83, Number 7, pp. 603-612.