Dr. Mijia Yang, P.E.
Department of Civil Engineering
Office: CIE 201L
Telephone: (701) 231-5647
Fax: (701) 231-6185
- Ph.D., University of Akron, Akron, 2005
- Impact and blast protection and retrofit hardening with advanced engineering materials
- Applied solid mechanics and structure analysis
- Characterization of advanced composites and engineering materials
- Structural optimization
- Multi-scale modeling of composite and concrete materials
- Smart materials in Civil Infrastructure
- Sandwich mechanics
- Wave propagation in composites and its application in structural health monitoring and damage detection
- Finite Element and Boundary Element Methods
- Yang MJ, Yue Q.Z.Q., Lee P.K.K., Su B. and Tham L.G., (2002), Prediction of Grout Penetration in Fractured Rocks by Numerical Simulation, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Canada, NCR Research Press, 39: 1384-1394. (Publication No. 76043)
- Qiao, PZ and Yang, MJ, (2004).“Impact Analysis of I-Lam Sandwich System for Over-Height Collision Protection of Highway Bridges,” Engineering Structures, 26(7): 1003-1012.
- Yang, MJ and Qiao, PZ, (2005). “Nonlinear Impact Analysis of Fully-backed Composite Sandwich Structures,” Composites Science and Technology, 65(3-4): 551-562.
- Yang, MJ and Qiao, PZ, (2005). “Higher-order Impact Modeling of Sandwich Beams with Flexible Core,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, 42(20): 5460-5490.
- Qiao, PZ and Yang, MJ, (2005),“Static and Nonlinear Impact Analyses of Sandwich Plates on a Solid Half-space,” Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, 7(6):519-554.
- Yang, MJ and Qiao, PZ, (2005) “Modeling and experimental detection of damage in various materials using pulse-echo method and piezoelectric sensors/actuators,” Smart Materials and Structures, 14, 1083-1100.
- Qiao, PZ and Yang, MJ, (2006), “Fatigue Life Prediction of Pultruded E-glass/Polyurethane Composites,” Journal of Composite Materials, 40(9): 815-837.
- Yang, MJ and Qiao, PZ, (2007). “Impact and Damage Prediction of Sandwich Beams with Flexible Core Considering Arbitrary Boundary Effects,” Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, 9(5):411-444.
- Qiao, PZ and Yang, MJ, (2007). “Impact Analysis of Fiber Reinforced Polymer Honeycomb Composite Sandwich Beams” Composites: Part B Engineering, 38(5-6):739-750.
- Yang, MJ and Qiao, PZ, (2008). “Continuous Indentation Experiment of Honeycomb Sandwich Materials” Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, 10(2):133-160.
- Qiao, PZ, Yang, MJ and Bobaru, F. (2008). “Impact Mechanics and High Energy Absorbing Materials: A Review”, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 21(4):235-248.
- Bobaru, F. and Yang, MJ, (2008). “Convergence, adaptive refinement, and scaling in 1D peridynamics”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 10.1002/nme.2438.
- Yang, MJ and Qiao, PZ, (2008). “Quasi-static indentation behavior of honeycomb sandwich materials and its application in impact simulations”, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 21(4): 226-234.
- Yang, MJ and Qiao, PZ, “Effects of Intermediate Diaphragms in Prestessed Concrete Bridge Girders to Over-Height Truck Impacts”, PCI Journal, 2010, January
- Han, LJ and Yang, MJ “Re-fracture Process and Mechanical Characteristics of Cracked Rock Samples”, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Science, 2009, 46(4): 738-747.
- Yang, M.J. and Papagiannakis, A.T., “A new coupled truck-bridge interaction model”, Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 2010, 5(4): 617-635.
- Yang, M.J. and Qiao, P.Z. “Analysis of cushion systems for impact protection against overheight vehicle collision”, International Journal of Impact Engineering, 2010, 37(12): 1219-1227.
- Zhao Y.M. and Yang, M.J., “Mechanics of imperfect Epoxy bonded anchor system”, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Science, 2011, 48(3): 469-476.
- Yang, MJ and Nyugen, T. “Prediction of Energy Absorption Capacity of Plain Concrete Elements through Three-Point Bending Tests”, Submitted to Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering.
- Yang, M.J. and Thoat, M., “Creep design of Epoxy bonded anchor system”, Submitted to Engineering Structures.
- Zhao Y.M. and Yang, M.J., “Long term performance of Epoxy bonded anchor system”, Submitted to Journal of Engineering Mechanics.
- Yang, M.J., “Discussion on dynamic load factors of progressive failures”, Submitted to Engineering Structures.