Dr. Ying Huang
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Office: CIE 201Q
Telephone: (701) 231-7651
Fax: (701) 231-6185
- Structural Health Monitoring/Smart Structures for Transportation
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Applications of Adaptive and Smart Materials
- Finite Element Modeling
- Multi-Hazard Assessment and Mitigation
Awards and Grants (recent)
- “Composite Self-Sensing Thermal Sprayed Coatings for Pipeline Corrosion Prevention and Mitigation”, USDOT/PHMSA, 10/01/2013-12/15/2015
- “Unbonded Portland Cement Concrete Overlay/Pavement Monitoring with Integrated Grating (Local) and Scattering (Global) Optical Fiber Sensors”, USDOT/UTC, 03/15-12/31/2013
- NDSU Provost Provost's Research and Scholarship Travel Fund, 2013
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Missouri University of Science & Technology, 2012
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2008
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering, Guangzhou University, China, 2006
- Y. Huang, X. Fang, W. J. Bevans, Z. Zhou, H. Xiao, and G. Chen, “Large-strain optical fiber sensing and real-time FEM updating of steel structures under high temperature effect”, Smart Materials and Structure, Smart Mater. Struct. 22 015016, (2013).
- Y. Huang, Z. Gao, Z. Zhou, G. Chen, and H. Xiao, “Long period fiber grating sensors coated with nano iron/silica particles for corrosion monitoring”, Smart Materials and Structure, 22(7) 075018, (2013).
- Y.Huang, “Hybrid Fibre Optic Sensor Network for Real-time High Temperature Performance Monitoring of Steel Structures”, American Journal of Civil Engineering, 1(1), pp.16-23, (2013).
- Huang, MH; Zhou, Z; Huang, Y; Ou, JP, “A distributed self-sensing FRP anchor rod with built-in optical fiber sensor”, Measurement, 46 (4), pp. 1363-1370, (2013).
- Y. Huang, B. K. Chen, G. Chen, H. Xiao, and Z. Zhou, “Simultaneous detection of liquid level and refractive index change using long period fiber grating sensor”, Measurement Science and technology, 24, pp.095303, (2013).
- Z. Zhou, W. Q. Liu, Y. Huang, H. P. Wang, M. H. Huang, and J. P. Ou, “Optical fiber Bragg grating sensor assembly for 3D strain monitoring and its case study in highway pavement”, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 38, pp.36-49, (2012).