After Hours Services
NDSU provides access to several online services that can be helpful after hours.
- Atomic Learning: A library of thousands of short, easy-to-understand, "atoms" of software tutorials and technology skill training in movie format designed to help you learn to use many different programs. Included are workshops and tutorials in such writing related areas as blogging, making a newsletter, and understanding MLA and APA styles.
- LearningExpress Library: A collection of test preparation tools, skill-building materials, and career resources are available. Over 1,000 online practice tests and interactive skill-building tutorials are available, along with more than 200 eBook titles-all developed by expert academic and industry professionals. College level resources include writing related areas such as prewriting, drafting, revising, visual writing, grammar skills, and organization and focus.
- TutorND: TutorND offers FREE online tutoring and academic resources from Tutor.com for North Dakota residents. Get live help from a tutor in major subjects like math, science, social studies, English, or even assistance with your job search. The service can be accessed from any North Dakota library or from your home computer. Live tutors are available to help Sunday through Thursday 6pm — 10pm. The SkillsCenter™ Resource Library that connects you to thousands of homework, test prep, and career resources is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Project English helps newcomers to the United States learn to speak English through computer-based learning and volunteer assistance. Many sites are available throughout Fargo-Moorhead for easy access.
- Read & Write Gold--free software for NDSU students and faculty; provides speech-to-text, text-to-speech, and many other features.