A complete application includes the following materials required by the graduate school:
- Graduate application
- Statement of reasons for graduate study
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate degree(s) earned
- Three letters of recommendation
In addition, the Department of Communication requires:
- A CV or resume which clearly identifies your current position, including your responsibilities; your professional publications and papers; your service and professional activity; and your teaching and training experiences
- A professional writing sample, such as a master's thesis, a final paper for a course, a conference paper, a briefing paper or a news article
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- TOEFL test results (required for international students)
The department's TOEFL score minimum must total at least 600 paper-based, 250 computer-based, or 100 internet-based. To qualify for a teaching assistantship, TOEFL score must total 650 paper-based, 280 computer-based, or 114 internet-based.
Completed applications must be received by March 1, 2014. Accepted students must start their doctoral studies in the fall semester.