GED Testing is now available on computer!!
- Testing on computer is only available for test-takers who have not taken any paper tests and who will complete the battery on computer.
- The new computer-based GED test – which is the same test content, offered currently on paper versions, will provide new benefits for test-takers.
- Some of the benefits are:
- Flexible testing appointments for test-takers
- Instant Score Reports (for all tests except Language Arts-Writing)
- On-line payment and registration
- The fee is the same as paper/pencil versions $30/test
- It is important to know that GED testing on computer doesn’t mean the GED test is online. The GED test must be taken in-person at an official GED testing center.
- To register go to the following website:
- Several dates and times have been added for 2012!
GED Testing at NDSU
All testing is by appointment (701.231.7671) only. You must be signed up before 5pm (4pm during summer hours) the day before the test.
- Must arrive at least 15 minutes before test time.
- Photo ID with DOB and signature is required prior to testing.
- Payment is required prior to testing:
- Cash is preferred
- Credit card
- Each test is $30.00 for a total of $150.00 for all five tests. The retest fee is also $30.00 a test and there is a 1-week waiting policy.
GED Testing Schedule
- 8:30 am: Science, Social Studies or Language Arts, Reading
- 10:30 am: Science, Social Studies or Language Arts, Reading
- 1:30 pm: Language Arts, Writing only
- 10:30 am: Math only
- 1:30 p.m.: Science, Social Studies or Language Arts, Reading
National Tests and Registration Forms
The Counseling Center administers several national testing programs. Special fees are assessed for these tests. The tests include:
CLEP Information for Computer-Based Testing at NDSU (see price below)
- Check with the school that you want your results to be sent to, what (if any) kind of credit you will get
- Visit the following web site to get more information about the tests: www.collegeboard.com/clep
- Call Tiffany Bendickson, Test Administrator, 701.231.7671 to schedule time to take the test. Testing will be offered Monday - Fridays and must be arranged ahead of time. Approximately two hours will be needed for each testing session.
- The cost for the exam is $105
- Check or cash to NDSU Test Center: $25
- Check or credit card to CLEP: $80
- Credit card is the preferred method of payment for CLEP.
- A photo ID must be shown prior to testing and must include your name, signature and a recognizable photograph.