FORWARD (Focus on Resources for Women's Advancement, Recruitment/Retention, & Development) - FORWARD is funded by a $3.7 million Advance Program grant to NDSU from the National Science Foundation (HRD-0811239, September 1, 2008 – August 31, 2013, R.C. Schnell, PI). FORWARD is committed to these goals:
- Improve the climate across the campus and narrow the gap between men's and women's perceptions of the campus climate;
- Employ targeted recruiting strategies to recruit women faculty;
- Retain more women faculty through their probationary period and the promotion/tenure process;
- Support women associate professors as they move to full professor, and hire advanced rank women to build a critical mass; and
- Promote and hire women faculty into academic leadership positions.
Robert Noyce Scholarship Program - The Robert Noyce Scholarship program is funded by a $746,000 grant to NDSU from the National Science Foundation (DUE-0883268, January 1, 2009 — December 31, 2013, Lisa Montplaisir, PI). The Noyce Scholarship Program recruits talented science, technology, engineering, and mathematics students to complete a dual major in their content area and teacher certification to work specifically in high needs schools. The Noyce program is administratively supported in the CSME.
Pipeline for Excellent Rural Teaching - The PERT program is funded by a $1.4 million grant to NDSU from the National Science Foundation (DUE-1136406, January 1, 2012 — December 31, 2018, Erika Offerdahl, PI). As another project funded through the Robert Noyce Scholarship Program, the goal of PERT is to extend and secure a pipeline to increase the quality and quantity of master-level, highly trained secondary math and science teachers in the rural upper Midwest.
World Wide Web Instructional Committee - Collectively, ≈$ 4 million in projects are administered in the CSME on behalf of NDSU faculty who are developing and assessing internet-based educational software. Current projects are funded by grants to NDSU from the National Science Foundation and by the U.S. Department of Education (FIPSE).