Eight Possible Goals in Charge from Provost
- Design a student-centered, intellectually exciting curriculum, focusing on what NDSU graduates will need to be well-rounded world citizens.
- Focus on student learning outcomes, not on credits in categories.
- Design a curriculum that integrates the learning outcomes for general education and for majors.
- Create a general education program to provide an integrated, coherent, and meaningful experience for students.
- Design an undergraduate curriculum with integrated assessment.
- Implement the recommendations of the UNIV 189 Task Force to develop a philosophy of NDSU’s First Year Experience, online teaching modules, and shared resources for faculty.
- Create an undergraduate curriculum aligned with NDSU’s mission and vision.
- Review current campus mechanisms for recommending possible changes to coordinate, evaluate, and revise the curriculum.
Provost R. Craig Schnell Memo of 08/17/2010