Effective Business Writing Skills
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous
Academic Level: Non-Credit
NDSU DCE Recording Fee: $139
Get introduced to the process of business writing with Effective Business Writing Skills. You will examine types of business writing including memos, emails, formal letters, and presentations. Gain experience identyfying and correcting grammatical errors and structural flaws in writing and writing in a professional tone.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the correct audience and purpose for business communication
- Organize topics for business communication
- Describe correct sentence structure
- Use appropriate language in business communication
- Explain the elements of direct and forceful writing
- Describe revising and editing techniques
This 20 contact-hour course is most appropriate if you are in lower-level management or are new to management. Your work experience should range from 0–10 years.