Reading in the Content Area
Instructor: Stacy Duffield
Sunday, June 02, 2013 - Thursday, June 27, 2013
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous
Available Seats: -3 of 15
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Introduction to the relevance and need for incorporating reading and developing reading skills in middle and high school classrooms.
- The candidates will understand basic reading and writing processes as they relate to content literacy including schema theory, comprehension, and second language acquisition.
- The candidates will understand how content literacy can contribute to the learning of content material and contribute to a positive learning environment.
- The candidates will know how to use a variety of materials in the content classroom including textbooks, literature, internet resources and media.
- The candidates will understand how to help diverse students use reading, writing and vocabulary strategies to learn content material.
- The candidates will understand how to use various assessment techniques to choose the best methods to teach specific content materials and meet the needs of all students.