Nurtured Heart Approach
The Nurtured Heart Approach is a social emotional curriculum which will transform any relationship in a person’s life. By investing one’s energy in the present moment and in a positive manner one will actually enhance the inner wealth or portfolio of each individual resulting in a shift in behavior and self- concept. Consistency as well as absolute clarity with the rules empower others to develop their truest potential.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Through reading, class discussion, practical application, role playing and journaling, students will:
1. Understand the basic premises of The Nurtured Heart Approach.
2. Understand the process of replacing a student's negative portfolio with a positive one, in order to foster success and self worth.
3. Acquire the skills related to using The Nurtured Heart Approach and apply them in the classroom.
4. Gain an understanding of the difference between creating successes for challenging children rather than accidently rewarding their negative behavior.
5. Learn about activities and creative ways to use the NH with children.