Nurtured Heart Approach
To introduce the students to the basic concepts of the Nurtured Heart Approach to transforming difficult children and to encourage a paradigm shift in the student's approach to impacting a change in children's behavior.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Through reading, class discussion, practical application, role playing and journaling, students will:
1. Understand the basic premises of The Nurtured Heart Approach.
2. Understand the process of replacing a student's negative portfolio with a positive one, in order to foster success and self worth.
3. Acquire the skills related to using The Nurtured Heart Approach and apply them in the classroom.
4. Will create a group list of positive phrases related to the classroom for others to use as a tool.
5. Gain an understanding of the difference between creating successes for challenging children and emphasizing their failures.
6. Learn the process of instilling values and following rules by recognizing a child's positive actions.
Textbook will be available first day of class for $20.