Summer Writing Intensive Institute 2014
The Red River Valley Writing Project is a professional development and support network for K-16 teachers. Its focus is to improve the teaching and use of writing across all grade levels and subject areas.
- Participants will engage in the processes of writing across multiple genres.
- Participants will grow in understanding of teaching and learning writing through reading research and theory, reflecting upon their own writing processes and workshop experiences, and learning from other experienced teachers.
- Participants will research, plan, and present a demonstration for other teachers that provides instructional and curricular insights to improve the teaching of writing.
- Participants will demonstrate growth in giving response to writers, by modeling responses in class and by describing appropriate classroom strategies.
- Participants will become familiar with a wide range of print and on-line materials for teacher development and instructional use.