Motivating & Challenging All Students
This workshop is designed to provide teachers with the knowledge and strategies to improve their skills in motivation and challenging students to do their best; thus improving student achievement. The purpose of this course is to introduce the importance of the often-overlooked learning strategy: motivation and then to offer strategies and activities to enable teachers to successfully incorporate motivational theory practices into their instruction and relationships with students.
Teachers will develop experience in:
- Efficiently and effectively incorporating a variety of motivational techniques;
- Understanding the reasons that students may not be motivated to persist at their work;
- Understanding the basic needs that all students may bring to a classroom setting;
- Understanding the key components of classroom motivation;
- Applying motivational strategies to improve instruction;
- Developing plans to improve the way that they motivate and challenge their students;
- Maintaining a passion for working successfully with all students;
- Selecting the best motivational strategies and activities to fit the needs of their students.
REQUIRED STUDENT RESOURCES:
Computer with speakers or headphones, internet access and active email account.