Common Core State Standards in Mathematics, Grades 3-8
Presenters Tim Kanold and Diane Briars fully explore Common Core State Standards in mathematics in this course. Working with small groups of teachers of grades 3-8, they demonstrate how to create rigorous curriculum units, develop high-impact instructional strategies, create common assessments,as well as build informal progress monitoring checks. The course also features video of real classroom instruction using standards-based lessons and offers a discussion of teacher learning paths to implementation.
After completing this course, educators will know:
- The five paradigm shifts essential to the adoption of the Common Core State Standards.
- The roles of professional learning communities and collaborative teams.
Student Learning Outcomes:
After completing this course, educators will be able to:
Plan lessons that:
- Support the eight Mathematical Practices.
- Maintain high cognitive demand.
- Include assessing and advancing questions for formative assessment.
- Meet the needs of all learners.