Motivating and Engaging Students
Meaningful learning achievement requires a high level of student engagement. This course teaches educators how to foster and encourage engagement through a variety of techniques and strategies including crafting the classroom environment, structuring lesson plans and using innovative teaching techniques. The course features interviews with teachers and students, classroom footage, workshop activities and lectures.
After completing this course, educators will know:
- Why student engagement is critical to academic achievement.
- How to generate high levels of attention and engagement as a result of careful planning.
- Research-based strategies to engage all students.
Student Learning Outcomes:
After completing this course, educators will apply the following skills:
- Execute specific strategies to engage students throughout their learning.
- Assess students’ engagement.
- Use four categories of strategies on a daily basis: effective pacing; demonstrating intensity and enthusiasm; building positive teacher-student and student-student relationships; using effective verbal feedback.