Transforming School Culture
Presenter Anthony Muhammad sheds new light on understanding the complicated and dynamic relationships among school professionals in order to create a cohesive and positive culture. In this course, Muhammad identifies four general archetypes: The Believers,The Tweeners, The Survivors and The Fundamentalists. If not working harmoniously these types taken as a group on your staff can be highly resistant to change and prone to interpersonal discord. This course will provide insight coupled with practical strategies for understanding and working with each type to dramatically improve school culture.
After completing this course, educators will know:
- Why transforming school culture is essential to educational reform.
- The characteristics of four groups of teachers and the impact of each group on school culture.
- The role of school leaders (educators invested in school transformation) in creating the conditions that motivate people to change.
After completing this course, educators will apply the following skills:
- Strategize to build on staff assets.
- Reflect on his/her own contributions to the school’s culture.
- Overcome resistance and lay the foundation for a powerful learning environment.
- Develop a plan for transforming school culture.