Audio and Video Enhanced Teaching
Just a few years ago, online video was used only by large news organizations and entertainment. Now, video sharing is one of the largest segments of Internet usage. Just as television and film enhances students’ learning experiences in selective applications, teachers must evaluate lessons that could be enhanced with digital video and audio. Lessons can be enriched by incorporating Podcasts, online video clips, and production activities that actively engage students– both as viewers and creators of digital audio and video.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Select a lesson that would be enhanced with audio and video.
2. Evaluate successful educational Podcasts and videos.
3. Create a Podcast script, produce a podcast, edit and revise the Podcast, and publish it online.
4. Create the materials to make their movie, film the movie, edit it, and share the movie online.
5. Students will appraise the future of audio and video enhanced lessons.
Readings will be provided online.