Choral Music Symposium
The NDSU Choral Music Symposium is a 3-day event that will focus on the choral music and traditions of North, Central, and South America. The focus of the symposium will be the choral repertoire of the Americas and the cultural and social influences that have guided the development of this music. Another aspect of the symposium will be the discussion of what the choral traditions have in common, and what makes each of the choral traditions unique and representative of its respective culture.
• Read through new music;
• Learn cultural and stylistic features of choral music from the Americas;
• Learn methods of teaching the music;
• Learn rehearsal techniques specific to each piece;
• Sing choral music from the Americas;
• Learn performance practice for choral music from the Americas.