Google Docs 101 eCourse
Leveraging Web 2.0 tools is a powerful learning strategy in the 21st Century. But how do you choose the right tool that will enhance classroom learning and not be an afterthought or add on? This course is part of the Web 2.0 Tools Series, which will address the relationship between content, pedagogy, and technology while covering the nuts and bolts of each tool and how to use each within the context of your classroom. In this two-week eCourse educators will learn how-to create engaging and collaborative lessons with Google Docs. Participants will also explore how Google Docs can be used for professional use.
- Learn how-to create and collaborate with Google Docs for professional and classroom use
- Evaluate how Google Docs can enhance curriculum
- Discuss pros/cons of private and public viewing of information
- Confer on value of Google Apps versus Microsoft Word, Corel Word, etc.
- Create engaging lessons and activities with Google Docs
- Participate in weekly webinars (or provide written summary of the recorded version)
- Participate in asynchronous discussions within the PLP online community
- Review supplemental videos, blog posts and articles about Google Docs and how it can enhance 21st Century learning
- Use Google Docs to write a collaborative unit and/or lesson plan
- Create a 21st Century lesson plan that incorporates the use of Google Docs
- Complete course survey