Childhood Apraxia of Speech
This course is designed for speech-language pathologists and special education teachers who work with students of all ages who have Childhood Apraxia of Speech. Participants will learn the characteristics of Childhood Apraxia of Speech and how to systematically treat and diagnose children with CAS.
The primary learning objectives for this course are:
- Understand what Childhood Apraxia of Speech is.
- Learn treatment approaches to use when working with children with CAS.
- Describe the characteristics commonly associated with CAS.
- Be able to differentiate between CAS, dysarthria and a severe phonological disorder.
- Make treatment plan decisions and develop appropriate goals.
Here’s How to Treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech, Author: Margaret Fish (2010), Plural Publishing Inc. ISBN-13: 978-1-59756-589-9.