Making the Most of the Internet in the Classroom
This course will focus on helping teachers make the most of the Internet in their classrooms. Teachers will learn how to conduct effective and efficient searches so that they may then progress to developing online activities and projects for students. The search skills will also help teachers find valuable resources to use in the classroom. Teachers will learn how to use Internet resources to create a WebQuest, virtual field trip, and online scavenger hunt. Other topics included in the course are citing Internet sources, digital research, information literacy, and how to do everything with Google!
1. Teachers will learn effective search strategies.
2. Teachers will learn the difference between a search engine and a web directory.
3. Teachers will learn how to save Internet resources including text and graphics.
4. Teachers will learn several methods for citing Internet resources.
5. Teachers will learn about Internet safety and security.
6. Teachers will understand the importance of digital literacy.
7. Teachers will gain ideas for teaching students how to develop search strategies for research.
8. Teachers will learn the educational value of virtual field trips.
9. Teachers will learn how to plan and develop a virtual field trip.
10. Teachers will learn a variety of ways to use Google in the classroom.
11. Teachers will learn the educational value of WebQuests.
12. Teachers will learn how to develop a WebQuest related to content curriculum.
13. Teachers will learn how to create a classroom website.
14. Teachers will learn about the educational value of interactive websites.
15. Teachers will learn how to create a scavenger hunt for their students to help them learn important content curriculum.
“The Classroom Teacher's Technology Survival Guide” by Doug Johnson
Text can be found at Amazon.com or at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118024559/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=1118024559&link_code=as3&tag=profesdevel00-20