Teaching Strategies for Project WET Faciliation
Project WET facilitator Leadership Workshop: Teaching Strategies for Project WET Facilitation is for individuals who want to be an integral part of a statewide network; are seeking a rewarding experience to further expand their personal learning g; and desire to be challenged and creative while learning and teaching about our state’s water resources. Facilitators can be both formal and non-formal educators interested in delivering the message of wise water management, protection and stewardship.
1) Promote, organize, develop and conduct Project WET presentations, workshops and other educational opportunities for K-12 formal and non-formal educators and K-12 students;
2) Understand and methods for teaching Project WET educational programs;
3) Understand Project WET curriculum and educational materials and how to teach and incorporate into classroom and other teaching situations;
4) Understand the history, scope and premise of Project WET and its programs, resources and materials;
5) Understand the Project WET facilitator system including responsibilities, benefits and awards; and
6) Understand the importance of educating our youth about North Dakota's water resource and their wise stewardship.