Construction Management Graduate Certificate
Position yourself to become a leader in construction project management. The online Construction Management Graduate Certificate provides a learning experience with a distinct knowledge base and a specific set of associated skills within the areas of estimating, scheduling, and project management at the graduate level. These three areas constitute a body of knowledge that represents the fundamental core of construction management.
Graduate certificates are an excellent way to earn creditals and decide if a full master's program is right for you. Credits offered in this program can be transferred into the full online Master of Construction Management program.
Only grades of C or higher will satisfy requirements for certificate completion with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater. The Dean of the NDSU Graduate School, using official NDSU transcripts, will verify course completion and issue the certificate. Courses used to satisfy the graduate certificate requirements cannot be older than three years at the time the certificate completion is verified.
Sample Plan of Study
Required Core Courses:
- CM&E 603 Scheduling and Project Control (4 CREDITS)
- CM&E 611 Construction Cost Estimating (4 CREDITS)
- CM&E 612 Construction Management (3 CREDITS)
Total Credits : 11
For information about graduate faculty for this program as well as their current research interests, visit the Construction Management Graduate Certificate bulletin page.
Apply for admission
View Getting Started Guide
Application deadlines are May 1 for fall semester admission and October 1 for spring semester admission.
To be admitted into the Graduate Certificate in Construction Management applicants must:
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree in construction, engineering, architecture, or other related discipline with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 or equivalent to attain full standing.
- Submission of an official transcript is required.
- Submit a two-page resume.
- Submit a one-page “Statement of Purpose” outlining your reasons for pursuing the Graduate Certificate in Construction Management.
- Submit three (3) three letters of recommendation.
- Submit applications directly to the NDSU Graduate School via the on-line application process.
For current admission requirements, visit the Construction Management Graduate Certificate bulletin page.
NDSU Department of Construction Management and Engineering
NDSU Distance & Continuing Education
Phone: 1-800-726-1724 or 701-231-7015
NDSU Graduate School