Sample plan of study
Frequently asked questions
The online Pre-Communication major is a pre-program for students interested in the online B.S. in Agricultural Communication, B.S. in Health Communication, B.S. in Advertising and Public Relations (not fully online), or B.S. in Journalism programs. Students interested in one of our online undergraduate communication degrees will need to successfully complete the online Pre-Communication major prior to applying to the communication program of their choice. The Pre-Communication major consists of 21 credits plus general education credits, as well as additional credits in the communication program chosen.
"I enrolled at NDSU after being out of college for many years. My first semester experience has been very rewarding. I felt welcomed by everyone during my online classes. I would encourage anyone who wants to continue his or her education to enroll in NDSU online classes."
- Crystal, Cook, MN
COMM 110 Fundamentals of Public Speaking
Sample Plan of Study
Students must complete 21 credits of selected courses with a grade of "B" or above to become a communication major.
- ENGL 110 College Composition I ( 3 CREDITS)
- ENGL 120 College Composition II ( 3 CREDITS)
- COMM 110 Fundamentals of Public Speaking (3 CREDITS)
- COMM 112 Understanding Media/Social Change (3 CREDITS)
- COMM 114 Human Communication (3 CREDITS)
- COMM 212 Interpersonal Communication (3 CREDITS)
- COMM 216 Intercultural Communication (3 CREDITS)
- SOC 110 Introduction to Sociology (3 CREDITS)
- PSYC 111 Introduction to Psychology (3 CREDITS)
- CJ 201 Introduction to Criminal Justice (3 CREDITS)
Total Credits: 21
Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
F.A.Q. will be added at a later date.
Apply for admission
View Getting Started Guide
NDSU Department of Communication
NDSU Distance & Continuing Education
Phone: 1-800-726-1724 or 701-231-7015
NDSU Office of Admission
Back to top