Teaching in the online environment is both exciting and challenging!
If you are preparing to teach online or partly online for the first time or are an experienced educator seeking additional information, this site is designed for you. NDSU Distance and Continuing Education is an outreach division of North Dakota State University, located in Fargo, ND. DCE provides lifelong learning opportunities for individuals who wish to take selected degree credit, non-degree credit, or non-credit courses/activities. We at DCE are committed to your success. Quality learning begins with quality teaching; we have developed these resources to help you prepare for and excel in your online course.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2014
- Five M's to Training and Developing Faculty to Teach Online
- Exploring the Promise of Student Personal Learning Networks
- Helping Your Students Connect Their Learning
- Virtual Clinical Experiences for the Developing Teacher
- The State of State Authorization and Professional Licensure
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2014
- If You PLEs ... You'll Thank Me Later
- Mythbusters - Putting Online Testing to the Test
- Connect, Collaborate, Serve, Learn: A Virtual Pathway to Educational Success
- Why Thurgood Marshall College Fund Is Building Blended Lab Schools
- Professional Development Resources for the Department of Defense
- Follow Positive Faculty Instructional Technology Adoption Strategies @SCADeLearning #facultylearningcommunities
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2014
- Engaging Online Students in the Career Development/Job Placement process
- "Continuous Improvement in quality course design - what is Quality Matters?"
- The Impact of Transformational Technology on Collaboration and Innovation in the Classroom
- Adapting to Competency-Based Learning: An Industry Perspective
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2014
- An Instructional Designer Supported Approach to Accelerated Online Course Development
- Adding Game Elements to Online Courses: It’s Not That Hard!
- Enhancing Faculty Performance Through Coaching; The Walden University Coaching Model
- Integrating Emerging Technologies and Information Literacy in Online Learning
- Achievement Badging: Certificates and Certifications for Lifelong Learning
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER, 14, 2014
- Leveraging the Model UN for Truly Global Learning Communities
- Distance Learning Resources in Telehealth
- First Course Success: Using Data to Predict Program Success
- Where Competency Based Education is Leading Us: Interviews from the field
- Too young for social media? We think not!
- How Easy Can Connections Get?