Q: How do I activate my NDSU email and other electronic services?
To activate your electronic services at NDSU you must complete both the "Claim your NDUS account" and "Enroll your Services at NDSU" processes.
To access IT services at NDSU, your electronic ID (e-ID) must be activated. Your e-ID is usually your Firstname.Lastname
New students can activate their electronic IDs 1-2 days after they have been admitted to NDSU. This will give you computer cluster, Library, and NDSU Live e-mail access. Students will also be given a Blackboard account.
Claim your NDUS account
- Go to http://claim.ndus.edu
- Click Claim your Account
- Take the Acceptable Use Quiz
- Enter your Date of Birth (Format: mm/dd/yyyy)
- mm = The month you were born, use two numbers
- dd = The day you were born, use two numbers
- yyyy = The year you were born, use all four numbers make sure you use the / between each
- Enter your EMPLID/Student ID, Click Continue
- Please answer at least 3 of the authentication questions, Click Continue
- Create and Confirm a new password, Click Continue
- You will then be notified of your new accountid
This account is needed for you to login to your Campus Connection. To login to Campus Connection you would use the accountid given to you in step 8, and the password you created in step 7 .
To activate your electronic-ID,
- Visit http://enroll.nodak.edu from any computer
- Read the State Board of Higher Education Policy 1901.2 and NDUS Procedures 1901.2 and click Continue to agree to abide by these terms
- Enter your Last Name and your Student ID/Emplid in the lower part of the page
- On the next page, you will enter your default password. This is in an Xxx##YYYY format
- Xxx are the first three letters of your birth month with the first letter capitalized
- ## are the last two digits of your EMPLID/Student ID
- YYYY are the digits of your birth year
- You will need to complete the Acceptable Use Policy quiz
- Click Begin to start the quiz
- Change your password
- The old password is the password above (step 7 in the previous section)
- Select a security question or make a question and give the answer
If you have questions regarding this process, contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk at NDSU for help. 1-701-231-8685
Was this FAQ useful to you? Here are a few more that you may find useful.