No-Nonsense Nurturer Classroom
Instructor: Sophia Thwaites
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $295
Partner Class Offered Through Knowledge Delivery Systems
In classrooms in traditionally underserved communities, building strong relationships with students is fundamental to establishing a classroom culture where students are motivated to stay on task and achieve to a high level.
After completing this course educators will know:
- The attributes of No-Nonsense Nurturers
- The attributes of Unintended Enablers
- The attributes of Negative Controllers
- The mindsets and relationships that are imperative for their students’ academic growth and achievement
Student Learning Outcomes:
After completing this course educators will be able to:
- Establish a No-Nonsense Nurturing culture in their classrooms;
- Use the No-Nonsense Nurturer Four-Step Model;
- Build strong relationships with their students, especially with those whom teachers find most challenging;
- Identify and overcome disempowering mindsets that impact student growth;
- Build strong relationships with their students’ family members.
Register for this class through KDSi. NOTE: Upon registration, you have 2 months for course completion. Although many of our courses are approved for both 1 and 3 graduate professional development credits, participants can only receive credit for one version of each course.