No-Nonsense Nurturer Classroom
Instructor: Sophia Thwaites
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $295
Class Offered Through Knowledge Delivery Systems
In classrooms in traditionally underserved communities, building strong relationships with students is fundamental to establishing a classroom culture where students are motivated to stay on task and achieve to a high level.
After completing this course educators will know:
- The attributes of No-Nonsense Nurturers
- The attributes of Unintended Enablers
- The attributes of Negative Controllers
- The mindsets and relationships that are imperative for their students’ academic growth and achievement
Student Learning Outcomes:
After completing this course educators will be able to:
- Establish a No-Nonsense Nurturing culture in their classrooms;
- Use the No-Nonsense Nurturer Four-Step Model;
- Build strong relationships with their students, especially with those whom teachers find most challenging;
- Identify and overcome disempowering mindsets that impact student growth;
- Build strong relationships with their students’ family members.
About The Instructor
Sophia Thwaites earned her M.A. in Education with a Social Studies concentration from Teachers College, Columbia University, New York. She earned her B.A. in History from University of Florida.
Register for this class through KDSi. Effective January 1, 2015 the cost of this course will be $499.00
NOTE: Upon registration, you have 2 months for course completion. Although many of our courses are approved for both 1 and 3 graduate professional development credits, participants can only receive credit for one version of each course.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.