Google Chromebook in the Classroom
Instructor: John W. Ditter
Monday, September 22, 2014 - Sunday, November 02, 2014
Section 2: October 27 - December 7, 2014
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $695
This three-credit graduate education course will focus on student achievement and its theoretical base as well as provide an in-depth study of the integration of Google Chromebooks in the classroom. Transforming Education with Google Apps gives students, teachers, and administrators a practical experience in implementing and leveraging the power of Google Accounts and Google Chromebook in an educational setting. Content focuses on hands-on application of cross-curricular literacy through the use of the Chromebook and Google Documents, and Apps available to the system. Emphasis is given to cloud computing and collaborative technologies for a digital age school. Participants in this class will explore, practice, and incorporate these technological tools in their teaching to improve professional skills and enhance student achievement.
As result of participation and completion of course module students will know and understand:
- The theoretical base and underlying pedagogical principles and concepts;
- All modules will focus on student achievement;
- The use of Google communications;
- The value of Google Docs: Word processing, presentation software, forms, surveys;
- How to use Google for interaction, collaboration;
- How to apply analytic skills through collaborative inquiry, research, and shared reflection-based on personal experience;
- How to achieve personal and professional goals through application of new learning;
- The use of YouTube in the classroom;
- Google sites for teachers and your students;
- Google Apps and Extensions.
About The Instructor
John Ditter earned his M.S. in Exercise Physiology from Life University, Marietta, GA and earned his B.S. in Marketing from UW Stout in Wisconsin. John has over 28 years teaching experience.
The total cost includes the NDSU graduate credit however textbook(s) are not included.
You will be directed to the IGS website for registration.