Steve Spangler Hands-On Science Boot Camp
Instructor: Linda Hauge
Thursday, August 14, 2014 - Saturday, November 15, 2014
Meet August 14, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. + additional hours due November 15, 2014
Instruction Mode: Combination
Location: Memorial Union Great Plains Rm., NDSU Campus, Fargo, ND
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $60 + $65
Steve Spangler’s Hands-on Science Workshop™ is a training experience that will empower teachers to use inquiry-based learning to promote exploration, increase student engagement, strengthen critical thinking skills and make science even more fun and meaningful for their students. Steve Spangler shares his proven strategies for turning ordinary activities into an unforgettable learning experience that will take your teaching to a whole new level.
- Participate in more than 30 ready-to-use science activities that are inquiry-based, standard-related, and kid-tested;
- Develop inquiry-based activities that strengthen critical thinking skills and challenge students to ask the important "Why?" questions;
- Use elements of the story line in popular pieces of children's literature to teach and reinforce fundamental building blocks of your science curriculum;
- Gain a deeper understanding of the real science behind all the activities;
- Use the "Failure Model" to teach the scientific method;
- Develop classroom safety procedures to protect yourself and students against common accidents.
This event requires pre-registration at http://www.ndsu.edu/4h/spangler/.
- Check registration for PD graduate credit will be available first day of class.
NDSU Credit Fee: $60. Event Registration Fee: $65 payable to Center for 4-H Youth Development