FLP 2: Land & Water Conservation
Instructor: Virginia Deitz
Monday, July 14, 2014 - Monday, July 28, 2014
Meet Monday [8 a.m. - 5 p.m.] + remainder of the class online with course completion July 28, 2014
Instruction Mode: Combination
Location: , Fargo, ND
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $50 + Partner Course Fee: $50
This course is designed to provide educators with resource information and education that will assist them in the instruction and presentation of the Land and Water Unit and the Social Studies Units. The course will provide an overview of strategies, materials, curriculum development, and research related to assisting the Pre-K-12th grade educators to better understand the interdependence of agriculture, the environment, and human needs through lessons in multiple curriculum areas: science, health, consumer education, mathematics, social studies, geography, and more. Material addresses core content and is a great supplement to your required curriculum. Register by May 25th for the June workshops and Jult 1st for the others. A minimum of 10 required or workshop will be cancelled.
1. Understand how natural and environmental concepts can be integrated into the curriculum. To heighten the awareness level of where we live, our relation to it, and the use and replenishment of natural resources.
2. Use lessons available in FLP, guide group activities (large, small, and cooperative,) provide for individual differences and learning styles, and evaluates students’ learning.
3. Identify and use appropriate learning activities to integrate social concerns and social perspectives regarding soil, water and people issues.
4. Develop understanding, thinking skills, creativity, and improve communication skills in the learning environment with students.
5. To use FLP lessons and see how they integrate curriculum and are aligned to the North Dakota standards. See ND FLP Alignment at www.ndaginclassroom.org Heading FLP Curriculum Standards, or ND Standards www.state.nd.us/espb
6. To use instructional media FLP CD.
NDSU Credit Fee: $50 and will be available first day of class, Class Registration fee: $50